The proliferation of online shopping and the growth of the e-commerce industry in the past five years has been noteworthy. According to industry experts, this growth is expected to hit new heights by 2027, when the size of the Indian e-commerce industry is around 200 billion US dollars.
At the same time, the increasing popularity of credit and debit cards has also played a vital role in this growth. Among these, credit cards have paved a new way for consumers to make purchases without worrying about the cash-in-hand. The fundamental working principles of the best credit cards have allowed customers to spend, and then repay it as per their convenience.
Top 5 reasons behind the popularity of online shopping
Backed by advanced technologies, online shopping has altered the way Indian consumers purchase things. Here are some primary reasons why this method of shopping is gathering so much traction –
- Convenience: Online shopping allows buyers to stay indoors and purchase their essentials from the comfort of their homes. Moreover, their order is also delivered to their doorstep, eliminating the need of visiting a store.
- Variety: Online shopping platforms have a comparatively larger stock than a physical store. Therefore, individuals have a vast collection in front of them to find a suitable product.
- Time-saving: Since customers can order and get their products delivered, it eliminates the need of going to a store, and standing in a queue for payments. As a result, they save a lot of time.
- Availability: Unlike physical stores, online shops are available 24X7; thus, customers can purchase things anytime they want. Furthermore, the online tracking facility allows them to keep a tab on their order.
- Offers and discounts: Online shopping platforms provide attractive offers and discounts on their products, which consumers may not get in a physical store. Apart from that, such companies often have affiliation with the best credit card issuers, which allow credit card users to avail more benefits on their purchases.
How are credit cards making online shopping exciting?
Credit cards present an accessible yet secure way of making transactions. It allows users to spend and then repay it as per their convenience.
Best credit cards have contributed significantly to the growth of online shopping, as it encourages individuals to purchase with lucrative benefits. These payment cards are well-known for their reward points. If a user makes purchases with a credit card, he/she receives reward points against the transactions. They can later redeem these points with their future transactions to avail more discounts and cashback.
Along with that, credit card companies often affiliate with online shopping platforms. It allows the users of that specific card to access exclusive deals, better discounts, extended warranty, and several other benefits.
How to apply for a credit card?
Individuals can easily opt for a credit card online to apply and avail the same. Leading credit card companies offer application forms on their website and mobile application. Individuals can fill that form appropriately and submit it with necessary documents to apply for this payment card.
An example of such a credit card is Bajaj Finserv RBL Bank SuperCard. Individuals can easily apply for it online via the official website of the company. The credit card interest rate for ATM withdrawal is also free for 50 days, accelerated reward points, loan against credit cards, etc.
Along with these, a host of other features makes using the card a smart way to shop online.
Furthermore, the company also provides pre-approved offers to its existing customers. These offers streamline the entire application process and save time. It is applicable to financial products like credit cards, personal loans, business loans, etc. Customers can check their pre-approved offers by submitting their essential contact details.
Online shopping has helped consumers to quickly fulfill their needs without hampering their work or other commitments. Additionally, the best credit cards with their myriad of benefits have made this rather tedious process more exciting. At the same time, applicants must read the terms and conditions carefully to understand the product and choose the right credit card for themselves.